New features in December 2022 Update
Now update your Hable One using iPhone or iPad app
What you need
1. Windows system
2. Hable One turned on and connected to the windows system
Before you update your device
The December 2022 update will be the last one possible via PC. This means that every subsequent update will have to be done using an iPhone or iPad. From July 2023 onwards android users will also have access to Hable app.
How to update your Hable One with your Windows PC
1. Disconnect the Hable One from all devices and set it in off state. Please make sure that the Hable is switched on for this process.
2. If you already have a version of the updating tool installed, make sure to uninstall that first.
3. Download the updating tool from weblink https://update.iamhable.com/windows/beta/
4. The download should begin automatically. Since the publisher details are missing, windows would warn you about downloading the tool. Please permit the windows to continue downloading. This can be done by clicking on the menu of the downloaded file.
5. Please make sure that the Hable is switched ON for this process. Connect the Hable One using USB C cable to PC.
6. Once the download is complete, you can run the file. Windows would pop a warning about installing the file. Please click on the advanced options button and then click on the button - run anyway.
7. The installation window opens up. Click on the update button to start the installation.
8. The process should begin and should take 2 minutes to complete. Hable would vibrate when the process begins. Installation is complete when a message pops up.
9. After the update is complete, the Hable One will need less than a minute to set up the new update. During that time, you don’t have to do anything. The Hable One will vibrate when the setup is complete.
If the windows update tool gives an error "ERROR! Something went wrong during the update. No devices found.". You can resolve it by first switching on the Hable and then clicking on the Update button. If the error still exists, it could mean that your Hable is already updated to December 2022 version.
New features in Jan 2023 Update
iPhone Users Now switch Voice-Over on and off. Hold 136. When full keyboard access settings is turned on.
Latest Updates for iOS 16 Battery Status update
Android Users All new rotor options, or reading controls. Reading controls help you manage settings like how fast TalkBack speaks and whether it reads by character, line, or paragraph. Activate google now Open app section to view all apps Accessibility menu to access accessibility options quickly Braille Users
Coming soon! Support for AEB - American English Braille
Before you update your device
Before using the Hable App, users should update the Hable One controller to the December 2022 update with a windows PC. Please download the December 2022 version using this link https://update.iamhable.com/windows/beta/
This update allows your Hable One to be updated via the app. Without it, your Hable cannot be updated with the app.
Incase of doubt, please contact Hable Support. The Hable App is only available for iPhone & iPad users. If you use an Android phone, please contact Hable support.
Every subsequent update will have to be done using an iPhone or iPad. If you don’t own one of those, you can use the app on a friend’s iPhone or iPad.
How to update your Hable One with the Hable App
1. Download the Hable app from the play store. You can use this link to open the app on your iPhone or iPad. Link: https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/hable/id1626484835
2. To search for the Hable app on the app store. Go to app store > Search, and then search for Hable. The Hable app might be third or forth from the top.
3. Click on the Download button or Get button to install the app. Open the app. You will get the following alerts as soon as you open your app: Alert 1: “Hable” Would like to use bluetooth. Be sure to press “OK” Alert 2: “Hable” would like to send your notifications. It is not mandatory to allow this. Alert 3: “Hable” would like to use bluetooth for new connections. Be sure to press “OK”.
4. Make sure your Hable One is already connected to your iPhone or iPad via bluetooth.
5. To install the update, open the Hable app and scroll down to the latest version (January 2023)> then click on the ‘Install now’ button. Attention: Please do not switch off the Hable One or Hable app during the updating process.
6. The process takes 60 seconds. When the Hable vibrates, the updating process is complete.