From Frustration to Freedom: How to Set Up and Use Assistive Technology with Confidence
Assistive technology (AT) can be difficult to set up and use for several reasons:
- Technical complexity: Many AT devices are complex and may require specialised knowledge to set up and use effectively. This can be a barrier for people who have limited technical expertise or who have difficulty using traditional computer interfaces.
- Lack of familiarity: Some people may not be familiar with the type of AT they are using, which can make it difficult to set up and use effectively.
- Compatibility issues: AT must often integrate with other technology devices to be effective. Compatibility issues with existing technology can make it challenging to set up and use the AT device effectively.
- Customization and personalization: People with disabilities have varying needs and preferences, which can make it challenging to find AT that meets their individual needs. AT may need to be customised or personalised to be most effective, which can add to the complexity of setting it up and using it.
- Lack of training and support: People who adopt AT may require training and support to use it effectively. However, training and support services can be difficult to access, and providers may not have the necessary expertise to provide effective training. A Hable One comes with training and support as part of the package! We provide online training sessions to all our first time customers and lifetime email support.
- User interface design: Some AT devices may have interfaces that are not intuitive or user-friendly, which can make it difficult for people to use them effectively.
The process of pairing a Hable to your first device is straightforward. Hable’s user documentation is clear on how to pair the Hable. Any smartphone user who has paired a Bluetooth device in the past will have no difficulty, and the device will be up and running in seconds.
Overall, addressing these challenges will require improving the design of AT devices to make them more user-friendly, providing effective training and support services, and ensuring that people have access to the technical expertise they need to set up and use AT devices effectively.