Resources available to learn about Hable One
Assistive technology (AT) can be difficult to set up and use for several reasons. To help you in your journey, we have many resources available to learn Hable One:
- Nonprofit organisations: Many nonprofit organisations, such as the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) and the National Federation of the Blind (NFB), in the US offer resources and training on assistive technology. They often provide information on the latest technology and offer training programs for individuals with visual impairments.
- Assistive technology companies: Hable provide tutorials, webinars, and other resources on their products as well as other products around smartphones. They also offer training and support services for individuals with visual impairments.
- Local rehabilitation centres: Rehabilitation centres like Visio in the Netherlands for the blind often provide training on assistive technology as part of their programs. They offer one-on-one training sessions.
- Online tutorials: There are many online tutorials and training videos available on assistive technology, including YouTube channels dedicated to teaching blind individuals how to use technology.
- User groups: Blind user groups, such as the AppleVis community & Hable’s own community, provide a forum for individuals with visual impairments to share information and resources on assistive technology.
- Services we provide ourselves: Hable introduces new users to the accessibility features available on their smartphone, such as screen readers, speech recognition, and magnification tools. We also provide demonstrations on how to use these features and explain the benefits of each.
Hable offers training & guides to technology trainers and accessibility advocates around ways to use Hable for learning to use a screen reader. You can also reach out to Hable on email@example.com for additional help and support.